You cannot control everything that happens in life, but you can control how you respond. In your response is your greatest power.
– Happiness is letting go of what you assume your life is supposed to be like right now and sincerely appreciating it for everything that it is.
– If you wait until you’re “perfect” before you share your stories, ideas, talents, and gifts with the world, no one will ever hear from you.
– Worrying will never change the outcome. Do more, worry less. Train your mind to see the lesson in every situation, and then make the best of it.
– Stand strong. Sometimes you have to experience a low point in life to learn a good lesson you couldn’t have learned any other way.
– Our character is often revealed at our highs and lows. Be humble at the mountaintops. Be steadfast in the valleys. Be faithful in between.
– What you pay attention to grows. So focus on what truly matters and let go of what does not.
– Yes, we need money to live. Earn it. Save it. Invest it. But avoid spending money you haven’t earned, to buy things you don’t need, to impress folks you don’t even know. Manage your money so it doesn’t end up managing you.
– When things aren’t adding up in your life, begin subtracting. Life gets a lot simpler when you clear the clutter (mental and physical) that makes it complicated.
– We all need to learn to be more human again. Don’t avoid eye contact. Don’t hide behind gadgets. Smile often. Ask about people’s stories. Listen.
– If the whole world suddenly went blind, how many folks would still be able to see your beauty? Focus within. Be beautiful on the inside too. And always do your best to see beauty in others.
– Be selective in your battles. Oftentimes peace is better than being right. You simply don’t need to attend every argument you’re invited to.
– Be the type of person you want to meet and be around. Be the type of person whose actions, words, and values always agree with one another.
– You will end up sadly disappointed if you expect people will always do for you as you do for them. Not everyone has the same heart as you.
– Steal your power back. Free yourself to step forward on your own two legs. The best part of your life will start on the day you decide your life is your own, with no one to endlessly lean on, rely on, or blame.
– Letting go and moving forward means coming to the realization that some things are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.
– Most people dream of the rewards without the risks. The triumph without the trials. Don’t be one of them. Life doesn’t work that way. When you find something you want, start by asking yourself: What am I willing to give up to get it?
– In a culture that seeks quick and easy results, we must learn the beauty of effort, patience, and perseverance. Be strong, be present, and build positive daily rituals that get you there.
– Most great opportunities in life force us to grow emotionally and intellectually. They force us to stretch ourselves and our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first. And when we don’t feel comfortable, we don’t feel ready.
– One way or another, none of us live forever. And it’s much harder to change the length of your life than it is to change the depth of it. So, how deep will you go today? That’s something you should reflect on. Because how we spend our days is how we spend our lives.